1. ClutterObviously storage is great to hide the clutter, but what about the clutter that is your decor! Over doing it on shelves or sofa tables, or the way you put all your collectibles on that one wall! Keep it simple display some and rotate your collection to change it up a bit.
|Chaos on a table|
2. TV PlacementThe TV does not go in front of a window so it can block out the light, or on a shelf where it looks out of place due to all the items surrounding it. Want a great look in your TV viewing area, place the TV on a wall (wall mounted if possible) with nothing behind it. This gives it a streamlined look, think of it as a piece of art hanging on your wall. Just like art we hang in our homes, lets remember to pick a TV that is proportional to the size of the room. Don't go too large or too small!
3. RugsNow when it comes to rugs its best to keep the room balanced, don't pick a small floor mat of a rug for your large living space! Also its best not to ignore the rugs all together, that just leaves the room without warmth or that extra added pop of color or pattern that is to tie the decor together.
|Does this room feel warm?|
4. ColorsThere is a lot to be said for color! Don't make your space to dark by forgetting or ignoring adding color! This can be done in a number of ways; accent walls, artwork, rugs, and throw pillows to name a few!
|The white accents really lighten up this room.|
5. NailsNails in your walls! Take the extra time to remove nails from the wall and patch the hole it left behind! Don't paint over the nails in the wall, because when you change up the style of the room you won't always hang things where they once hung. If you are changing up the wall decor a lot I suggest using 3M Command Hanging strips, then you won't have to worry about holes in your walls!
What home decor mistakes would you add to this list? Comment below and add pictures if you have them!